Monday 30 August 2010

Play off places already

Four games gone and we are in the play off places.  Now I'm not getting carried away, there's a long way to go, it's a marathon not a sprint and we'll take one game at a time - and all that.  But we've had a good start to the season.

I think Richard Naylor needed the goal at Watford on Saturday.  For me he is no long Mr Reliable.  Just being a life long supporter shouldn't guranatee him a place in the team,  Some of his performances towards the end of last season and the start of this one haven't been too impressive.  So maybe the goal on Saturday will keep him in the side - for now.

Transfer window closes tomorrow - wonder if we'll get any late signings.  I would like to see a couple of players added to the squad - midfield and defence.  Once we get Snodgrass back I think that will make a huge difference.  The signing of McCormack from Cardiff was good and adds strength to a not very strong forward line.

No comments:

Post a Comment